Sunday, September 26, 2010

The American Dream

Made my third trip out to DC for work and this time finally managed to squeeze in a little time for some exploration. One of these days I'll have to make a whole weekend of it, but for now, I'll be happy with an evening out and about in a new neighborhood.

This time we took on Georgetown. Quaint and very, very all American. It all felt so familiar and comfortable, even though I've never lived anywhere even remotely similar. I loved the small scale and the old detailing. It's the kind of thing that everyone else is trying to imitate, but they've got the original, perfectly kept up.


It seems to epitomize the American Dream. I walked the streets and fully expected to see the requisite 2 kids playing with the family dog outside next to their picket fence.

All in all a beautiful space to spend an evening and escape the DC suburbs.





No comments:

Post a Comment