Sunday, January 31, 2010

WINTER MADNESS


I don't know about you, but this time of year always starts to get to me... no sunshine for days, too much rain (and or snow depending on where you are), zero vacation time, and too much to do at work. All of these factors combine and you have a classic case of winter madness on your hands.


To keep from going crazy, I've been spending my spare moments daydreaming about all the places I'd like to go once I finally manage to accrue more than 2 hours of PTO.

Places like... Hotel Particulier in Paris. I know, I know, I just got back from there, but it's definitely one place I will never grow tired of and this place sounds so intriguing! Let's start with the fact that it's located in my favorite part of the city- Montmartre. Yes, it's touristy, but the views are unparalleled and there are plenty of places (like this one) that the crowds will never discover. It's hidden away along a secret pathway called "The Passage of the rock of the witch". You automatically feel like you're living in your own fairytale. Beyond the entry gate are extensive gardens and an old mansion with 5 hotel suites. Each one was designed by a different French artist. The one I'm dying to check out- The Hats & Poems Room by Olivier Saillard. Every object in the room has a little tag hanging from it with a poem inside. The room is literally full of secrets and discoveries!

Of course, staying in a mansion filled with first edition designer furniture & art installations comes with a pretty hefty price. Looks like I'll need to be saving more than just my vacation hours if I want to stay here.





No comments:

Post a Comment