Sunday, December 6, 2009

Yeah Mon!


There are so many places in the world that I want to visit, that I rarely plan on going back to the same place twice, but Jamaica has made it on the list.


I just returned from an absolutely amazing trip to the island. The landscape is so beautiful and the weather couldn't have been better! In fact, the whole trip was perfect! I can't think of enough positive adjectives to describe it. It was the best blend of relaxing laziness and cultural adventure. I honestly wouldn't have changed a thing- except maybe to add more days... There was basically no planning that went into this and we discovered all sorts of places and activities along the way that we wanted to check out and just didn't have the time for. I guess that's just yet another reason to head back again.
I'm still trying to figure out why everyone is so scared of Jamaica, though. I don't know how many people looked at me with shock when I told them where I was going and said, "Be careful! I hear it's pretty dangerous down there. I wouldn't leave the hotel, if I were you." I'm convinced that these nasty rumors are promoted by the all-inclusive resorts (don't get me started...) to keep you trapped within their walls and giving them all your money. Don't be fooled. The pool bar is fun (strangely, they did have the best jerk chicken we tasted the entire time), but there are many more exciting sites to see outside the hotel walls.

More details to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment