Monday, July 13, 2009

BASTILLE DAY


Joyeux Quatorze Juillet à tout le monde! In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a little obsessed with France. So, when one of their biggest holidays rolls around, I obviously have to celebrate. Fortunately for me, there are plenty of other people in the Bay Area who can't wait to celebrate with me.


The Alliance Francaise sponsored a picnic and French musical performance in Golden Gate Park on Sunday in honor of Bastille Day. It's essentially the equivalent of our 4th of July here in the states and commemorates the storming of the Bastille (a fortress/prison) back in 1789.



So, my friends and I picked up some amazing cheese, salami, a baguette, and a bottle of rose and set up our picnic on the grass. The weather was perfect, the music was amazing, and the company was the best. I couldn't have asked for a better afternoon.

We capped off the day by dancing the cancan with one of the bands, Les Grenouilles (the frogs), who did their own little mini performance even after the show was over.
I found a bit of France all the way over here on the West Coast and it made me very happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment